Although there is very little we can do at the moment because the water is still two to three feet deep, we did make a start at some clearing up today. We managed to borrow four sets of waders so some of us were able to paddle around retrieving bits of our equipment.
As you can see, things are in quite a mess, but it was good to at least start the process of assessing what the damage is. We need a lot more water to go yet before we can start the clean up properly.
I would also like to take the opportunity to apologise to our neighbours if they have 'inherited' any of our kit and materials. We will be doing some litter picking and recovery as soon as it is practical.
Keep track of our progress by receiving our newsletter. Please sign up here, you can opt out at any time.